Saturday, February 4, 2012

Recipe Corner: Peanut Butter Dog Treats

Peanut butter and dogs seem to go nut in paw. Something about the wholesome goodness of peanuts, plus they’re a good source of supplementary protein. As with everything you feed your canine companion, remember to choose your peanut butter with care. Many supermarket brands are loaded with sugar and other additives. For best results, choose a healthful, organic brand.





Peanut Butter Dog Treats


Ingredients:
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup water
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1-1/2 cups white flour

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

Combine oil, peanut butter and water. Add flour, one cup at a time, forming a dough.

Knead dough into firm ball and roll to 1/4 inch thickness.

Cut into 3 to 4 inch pieces. You can use cookie cutters if you like.

Place on an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.

Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd never thought about giving my dog spinach! He loves veggies like carrots and celery though so he should love this recipe. I want to find out how to make dog biscuits Thanks for posting! Voted Up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know why most dogs love peanut butter. My dog loves it too. And this recipe is very helpful for me to create a new treats for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very careful about what I feed Cookie Dog and I am sure many of you are too. With this in mind, I thought you may find it useful to know a few of the treats that I like to use. Remember, that you need to have a grade range of treats that your dog likes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Terribly informative article. Or dog was simply diagnosed with cancer, and we're extremely making an attempt to clean up her diet and find her healthy. See more at homemade dog treats

    ReplyDelete