Saturday, March 5, 2011

In Loving Memory of Ziggy

In Loving Memory of Penny Adam’s Beloved
ZIGGY
February 11, 2000 – February 23, 2011


If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done?
For this -- the last battle-can’t be won.

You will be sad -- I understand
But don’t let grief then stay in your hand
For this day, more than rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had a few happy years,
You would not want me to suffer so --
When the time comes, please let me go
Take me where my needs they’ll tend,
Only, stay with me until the end

And hold me firm, and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
That this is a kindness you do for me.

Although my tail it’s last has waved,
From pain and suffering I’ve been saved.
Please don’t grieve that it must be you
Who must decide this thing to do
We’ve been so close -- throughout the years,
Don’t let your heart hold any tears.
Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears,
But laugh when you talk of me,
As if I were beside you...
I loved you so --
It was heaven here with you.




Editor’s note: our hearts are heavy for Penny Adam, at the loss of her beloved companion, Ziggy. Penny heads up the entire dog walking division at LOAL and dogs adore her smiling face. Penny, our thoughts are with you at this time.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful poem and loving tribute to Ziggy. Loosing a beloved pet is like loosing a member of your family. Although you don't know me,please accept my sincere sympathy for the loss of your little Ziggy.

    ReplyDelete